In case you’re not already following me on twitter, we’ve moved! everyday to runway is officially a .com!
Head to www.everydaytorunway.com and see the new stuff!
Big changes are happening at Everyday to Runway!! For the next few days I will be working on some secrets and surprises! Take this time to take a look back on past posts, like my recent Holiday Gift Guides (FIVE of them!), fun how-to’s- like the recent How to Wear a Cape (which was also featured on MTV’s Style Blog here!) and get ready for new things to come!
Moms, roommates, and bff’s will all love this cozy, sweet Holiday Gift Guide! Home decor, cute kitchen items, and girly accessories will fill up any tree without draining your wallet. I am an owner of a few of these items already and could not be a bigger advocate for Purple Lab’s Red Sole gloss for the perfect hint of holiday red, as well as Coach’s yummy perfume in the perfect purse container. The best part is? Everything below is under $50!! So start shopping…
1. Snowflake Pillow, Home Decorators, $39.
2. Set of 12 Popcorn Holders, Crate and Barrel, $5.95.
3. Candy Cane Candle, Sur la Table, $9.95.
4. Cosmetic Case, Tory Burch, $48.
5. Classic Winter Scarf, Hollister, $34.95.
6. Huge Lips Skinny Hips, Purple Lab NYC, $25.
7. Poppy Purse Spray, Coach, $38.
8. Coffee Mug, Crate and Barrel, $5.95.
9. Club Monaco Knit Headband, Shopbop, $49.
10. Chairlift Ride Mittens, Modcloth, $19.95.
11. Love Cherish Dream Metal Set, Walmart, $19.
12. Stumptown Coffee Chocolate Bar, Bird, $9.
13. D.L & Co. Edelweiss Candle Set, Barneys, $40.
14. Hot Pink Beanie, Forever 21, $4.50.
15. Classic New York Ceramic Coffee Cup, Perpetual Kid, $10.95.
16. Tea for One Tea Cup Infuser, Sur la Table, $10.99.
17. Eiffel Tower Wall Clock, Home Decorators, $34.
Whether it’s keeping you warm and cozy, or just warming up your living room, these gifts will give anyone a little more holiday cheer! I love home and wardrobe accessories that help put me in the holiday mood. The snuggly snowflake pillow and adorable circle scarf are perfect to kick off the holiday season!
Hope you enjoyed all FIVE of my gift guides! And have an amazing Holiday season!
We all have that friend, the one who owns every nail polish known to womankind, the one who teaches us the best bronzer for our skin tone, who teaches us that you should never walk out of your house without perfume. Ok, so in my life, I have a few of these girls, and might be guilty myself of having a beauty closet that rivals my shoe closet! Luckily for us, these are the EASIEST girls to shop for! Budget friendly items are easier to find within the beauty world and you can go wild with creativity!
Erica of PS- I Made This, shared the idea of wrapping fabric and ribbon in the same color pallete of 4-5 beauty products, such as nail polishes, lip glosses, and hair accessories in red, gold, silver or your bff’s fave color. Cute, cheap, and chic! For those of us without the DIY gene, there are 20 options below to get you started!
1. Brighton Rock Lipstick, Topshop, $16.
2. Peppermint Bark Shower Gel & Lip Gloss Duo, Philosophy at Sephora, $18.
3. Twirl Fragrance, Kate Spade at Sephora, $65.
4. Candy Cane Shower Gel, Lotion, and Balm Set, Philosophy at Nordstrom, $22.
5. Love Your Lips Balm, Forever 21, $1.80.
6. Laguna Bronzer, Nars at Barneys, $32. *
7. Lip & Cheek Color, Forever 21, $3.80.
8. Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer, Sephora, $28.
9. Dial-a-Shimmer Lotion, Victoria Secret, $12 or 3 for $24.
10. Some Beauty to Love Benefit Pack, Sephora, $29.
11. Bobbi Brown Sultry Eye Palette, Nordstrom, $45.
12. Sigma Profession 12 piece Makeup Brush Set, Amazon, $79.
13. Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Perfume with Charm, Nordstrom, $50.
14. Under the Mistletoe Lip Shine Set, Philosophy at Sephora, $20.
15. Boom Boom Pow Polish, Deborah Lippmann at Barneys, $20.
16. Naked Eye Shadow Palette, Urban Decay, $44.
17. Leopard Print Hair Paddle, Amazon, $12.99.
18. Drying Lotion, Mario Badescu, $17. *
19. EOS Lip Balm Trio, Amazon, $9.99.
20. NARS Polishes
a. Full Metal Jacket, Barneys, $16.
b. Arabesque, Barneys, $16.
Hope you find a few things for that gorgeous bestie of yours, and maybe one or two things for yourself! * Personally, I could not live without my NARS Laguna Bronzer, and Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. These are two items I use daily and anyone would love! I’m also a big fan of beauty packages, like the ones above from Philosophy. The scents are seasonally and yummy and are a great deal to get multiple items for the price of one!
You might think after reading the title this guide would only include the ever-present Jeffrey Campbell Litas, MAC Ruby Woo lipstick, & Zara’s pleated leather mini and camel cape but, it won’t! If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your fashion blogger friend, or just a girl friend who just likes to make a statement, this is the guide for them…
1. Rachel Pally Designer Leopard Case, Power Support USA, $54.95.
2. Greta Glam Beret, Coach, $98.
3. Thigh highs are far too “in” right now to pick just one!
a. Plush Fleeced Lined Thigh Highs, Shopbop, $26.
b. Soft Nordic Tall Sock, Free People, $24.
4. Classic Trench, American Eagle, sale $40.
5. Angora Cable Snood, Topshop, $80.
6. Lace Heels, modcloth, $39.99.
7. TKO Gold and Plastic Bracelet Watch, Endless, $150.
8. Leaf Earrings, Charm and Chain, $30.
9. Wool Tweed Cloche, Talbots, $44.
10. Knit Mittens, Abercrombie, $28.
Whether it’s a statement shoe, a classic trench, or a “boyfriend” watch every fashion-forward girl needs a balance of the basics, the classics, and a statement piece here and there. When shopping for you fashionista friend, keep her personality in mind: would she rock an animal print, or would she love a Blair Waldorf-esque bow? Take cues from her daily style to create long lasting additions. A useful but frivolous gift, such as glam beret, will keep her stylish and warm all winter long!
Through the beauty of the internet I was introduced to one of the most adorable accessories on the planet!
I had a little chat with the designer, Kate, and her creative director (& sister!) Anne about their amazing business together:
1) How did you begin designing Tied Up & Tousled?
“I have been a Hair Designer for 8 years. While I was building my portfolio I started making head pieces for photo shoots. They helped me capture a certain aesthetic. They gave the woman in the photos a clearer identity and revealed a lot about my point of view. I also studied Fashion Design and Fine Art Textile at Kent State University. Creating headbands was just a culmination of all my passions; fashion, beauty, fine art, and self-expression.
I still make all the pieces by hand in my studio in my one bedroom apartment but I think that’s what makes them so special and unique.”
2) What is your favorite way to style your pieces?
“My style is effortless and easy so I love to pair a glamorous sequins band or intricately beaded piece with tousled hair and jeans and a plain tee. It’s ALL about the accessories for me.”
3) Who is your biggest style inspiration?
“I don’t have a specific style icon. I look at nature. I look to the past. I love vintage. I take a lot of inspiration from Native American culture. It’s authentic and raw.”
All of the Tied Up and Tousled pieces are insanely beautiful. Any free spirited girl (or boy!) would look gorgeous in these pieces of artwork. My favorites are absolutely the Sienna (two above), the Natalie (with gold chains-not pictured), and the Stella (first photo). Whether you love sequins, feathers, beads, peace signs, these make the perfect gift for you, your best friend, or both!
With such affordable pricing ($24-60) these are the must-have gift for all your friends. Each hair accessory has a different personality, just like each of your friends and family. I could not imagine a more beautiful, thoughtful gift. My favorite part- there are pieces for every season! Rock the gold for the holidays, flowers in the spring, feathers during summer, and the rich reds and golds next fall!
The best news is, Kate and Anne have offered a 15% discount to Everyday to Runway readers! Email them at tiedupandtousled @ gmail.com with the subject line “Everyday to Runway” and check out the rest of their chic campaign at TiedUpandTousled.com! And don’t forget to follow them on Twitter @TiedUpTousled and me @everyday_runway!
After my lovely night with French Connection I fell absolutely in LOVE with capes. The look is an adorable twist on winter fashion and new throwback to the style scene.
1. If you want to keep the elegance factor to the cape, pair it with an ultra girly mini, tights, and the highest of heels. Above I am wearing French Connection’s Penny Party dress. I paired the flirty ruffles with French Connection’s 5″ Mary Janes and FC’s Crusader Cape. Throw on a shimmery scarf and a silver bow clutch, and you have the most feminine of outfits!
2. If you want to dress down your cape, pair it with skinnies, either denim or black and a basic long sleeve shirt. Most capes have open arms so you want to stay warm through the chilly months, and a tee, like LNA or The Row, is your best bet.
3. To go all out with your look, take your cape to the next level with flared jeans a la Rachel Zoe. Elizabeth and James’ Stevie Jean, above from Revolve Clothing, is the perfect 70’s style pant to pair with a printed l/s tee, and a floppy black hat such as this cheap & chic one from F21.
I am loving the cape for Fall/Winter 2010, are you?!
Disclaimer: French Connection cape and Mary Janes were purchased in part through a gifted discount.