Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always dreamed about spacious, light filled closets to house my excessive amounts of clothing and hopefully the row after row of Louboutins I will own. Of course, when I was 5, I was not specifying the gunmetal gray glitter shoes with the beautiful red sole, but I was picturing a Barbie Dream House-esque room that just happened to hold my attire and accessories. For now, I have given up my closet dreams in exchange for a beautiful Manhattan apartment with a closet (term used loosely) that is filled to the brim after about 1/3 of a season’s repertoire.
For now, I swoon over Mariah Carey, Paris Hilton, and other celeb closets who have the luxury of being an under the radar hoarder due to the excessive size of their space.
Yep. I’m officially in love.
If you’re lucky enough to have an even, normal-sized closet look to these examples for inspiration:
1. The more natural light the better.
2. Clean colors and textures will accentuate a room better than anything too ostentatious.
3. Chandeliers add a glorious touch of luxury, and thrifting one can be an affordable option.
4. Organization is key: separate by material, season, or item in order to have easier access.
5. No closet should be without a full length mirror.
Enjoy these photos while I go back to shoving my 32nd sundress onto one rack.