You may be thinking this post is about Blair Waldorf, but nope! We’ll actually be talking with new NYC Princess, Erika Belezarian, author of the NYC based blog, Shoes, Shirts and Other Sh!t
Erika is a fashion, beauty and overall life blogger sharing her favorite products, parties and fashion faux-pas! Even though Erika is currently jetting around Europe, but we’ve tracked her down so she can share with Everyday to Runway readers her thoughts, secrets and advice!
What are your top five must-have beauty products:
- Moroccan Oil. I would die without it. I don’t remember what I used before I had Moroccan Oil…one time I was raving about it in a beauty supply store and the guy in their told some other girls I “swore by it.” They each bought a bottle. Then he said, “hope you don’t mind, I used you!”
- Tinted Moisturizer. Sort of the most amazing invention ever…it moisturizes and it makes your face look better. Oh, and it has SPF! My favorite is a drugstore steal—Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer.
- Perfume. I wear Jean Paul Gaultier Madame (day) or Gucci Flora (night). As Coco Chanel once said, “A women who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.”
- Clairol Shimmerlights Shampoo & Conditioner. It’s no salon brand, but it keeps my blonde from turning brassy!
- Water. Water can do amazing things. I drink more water than is recommended in a day. It keeps my skin clear and hydrated.
Favorite Runway show for 2010:
Jenny Packham Fall 2010 RTW. I love the way she uses color and texture!
Ultimate Nail color:
Summer: OPI La Paz-ativily Hot! Winter: OPI Figi Weejee Fawn (what I’m still wearing now).
Go-to Spring Outfit:
A maxi dress and Grecian gladiator sandals! (my personal favorites are the ones I actually bought on the island of Rhodes, Greece! They’re amazingly comfortable!)
Do you ever use runway shows as inspiration for your everyday outfits? If yes, how?
I try to take inspiration from runway shows to get ideas of what the major style trends are and what colors are “in” for the season. Obviously, if I had the means there are things I’d buy straight off the runway, but I’m not quite that privileged! I also love to pull hair and beauty ideas from the shows and try to take them down and translate them into real-life. For example—I pulled the bright eyeliner trend straight off runways from S/S 2010…I’ve been wearing turquoise, lilac and pastel green! They make my eyes pop…but then you have to be careful to have the rest of your makeup stay subtle, unlike the runways.
Where do you get your style inspiration from?
I see people on the street daily who I want to emulate, so I definitely pull style inspiration from them, and my current “street” style icon is Rachel Bilson. I love the way she puts her pieces together—like a blazer over a hooded sweatshirt—genius! My “red carpet” style inspiration is Reese Witherspoon. She is classy no matter what she wears, and still manages to look sexy and fresh!
Favorite season (geared towards clothing):
Hmmm, that’s tough. Probably Spring and Fall. (Ironic, I know…the two fashion show seasons… I didn’t choose it for that though!) I love Spring because it’s starting get warmer and you can shed the heavy sweaters and opt for sundresses and light sweaters; and I like Fall for the opposite reason: because you start to pile on the heavier knits and cozy hats!
If you had to wear one brand/designer for the rest of your life which would it be?
Hmm….there are too many to choose! I don’t swear to any one brand right now, but I love T-bags, Tibi and Tara Jarmon (funny they all start with a T!….)
Best accessory (necklaces, hats, rings, etc):
I can only pick one??! Yikes. Well, I feel naked without earrings, so I guess I’ll go with earrings…or my watch! I die without my watch. Literally, I have to check my Blackberry every twenty seconds so I can know what time it is without it. I also love necklaces, rings, hats, headbands, belts, shoes, and handbags. And scarves! I have a massive scarf collection.
Three words to describe your personal style:
My style words to live by are…
Another Coco Chanel quote… “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”